Thursday 5 September 2013

A Year On

So one year ago we arrived in South Africa. I was hoping I would have started blogging about the experience long ago but I am just getting around to it:

So this first blog is a catch up all in one go!

Settling In
All I will say is that it requires a lot of patience to settle in any new environment. SA is special though as the rules are routine and even when they appear outdated they must still be adhered to!

Food
As a Caribbean family, you don't get the regular stuff this far away from home.  We have been getting foods like green banana, plantain and yam from West African stores in Sunnyside.

Travelling
We have been doing a fair amount of that.  We have been to Lion Park
















Ramone (my son) petting the cubs


I pretended to pet.


No comments:

Post a Comment